Saturday, March 6, 2010

I feel like a magazine article...

Just a quick post to say:

I just bought THIRTEEN, yes 13, new (not thirfted-shocking, i know!) pieces of well-made clothing for work (everything was on sale except for one item). Now, as much as I love to be comfy and fashionable on the weekends and weeknights, I <3 to be in classy and interesting work attire at my office.
I grew up with a mother who worked in the fashion design/textile design industry and we were in NYC often while she visited her agents and my aunt was the Fashion Director for Women's Day (back in the day on the 80's-Hello, big sunglasses and plastic jewelry galore!), so, needless to say, I was surrounded by fashionable women who used their clothing as art. When I was a kid my aunt would give me items that were left over from photo-shoots: Christian Dior sunglasses, big purses, lace socks, etc. (remember-it was the 80's).
I feel more productive at my office when I like how I look and feel...odd? I don't think so. I am sure that there have been studies (I'm too lazy to google it right now, but, I digress...) that say that people who feel better about themselves perform better.
I feel like one of those magazine articles that has a two page spread to show how you can buy 10 or so pieces of clothing and you have a whole new wardrobe! Maybe I will photograph my purchases later today. Sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment